Kelly Dean has partnered with Bethany Learn from Fit2b.us online fitness studio to help spread the word about Diastasis Recti. This course includes many of the leading experts in the field about all the factors that can be involved with Diastasis Recti and core dysfunction. Hear from each expert and get a broad understanding of the support and further education available on the topic.
Professional Training with The Tummy Team
Kelly Dean, MPT and founder of The Tummy Team has spent years researching and developing a comprehensive and functional approach to effectively address the epidemic of functional core weakness and diastasis recti. It is clear that this area has been overlooked in medical and fitness education. Spreading this knowledge and sharing resources is key to developing clinicians that are educated and competent in accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment options. Kelly is dedicated to developing ongoing professional continuing education and is making this education affordable and available online.
CEU Addendum to an Online Rehab Course
For professionals who already completed an Online Rehab Course
All of our online courses are packed full of valuable educational material. For this reason, anyone who desires to earn continuing education units (CEU’s) for one of our online core rehab programs can obtain them by purchasing the corresponding CEU addendum to their course.
Purchasing an addendum will grant you access to a test that, upon passing, will indicate you have met the stated course objectives. You will also have access to other necessary documents required to submit to your licensing board. The CEU Addendum’s are currently available for any of these Online Rehab Courses:
- Core Foundations, 8-Week Online Course (7.25 CEU)
- Prenatal Core Training, 6-Week Online Course (5.25 CEU)
- Floor of Your Core, 8-Week Online Course (8.25 CEU)
- Core Preparations for Abdominal Surgery, 4-Week Online Course (3.5 CEU)
- Core Preparations for Cesarean Birth, 4-Week Online Course (4.0 CEU)
Please Note: You will have 2 weeks of access to take your test to and download your documents to submit to your licensing agency. Access begins at time of registration. You must receive a minimum score of 90% to pass the course and receive credit. Credit Hours earned varies depending on the course.
Comprehensive Core 1
Online Course for Professionals
The Tummy Team has filmed an extensive online training program to instruct professionals in advanced Core Rehabilitation clinical skills used by The Tummy Team in our clinic as well as throughout the Core Foundations 8 Week Online Program. Comprehensive Core 1 is the first part of a series of online training for clinicians desiring to become Tummy Team Trained. This course is valuable for physical therapists, chiropractors, midwives, exercise physiologists, kinesiologists, naturopatic physicians, OB/GYN, prenatal and postpartum fitness specialists, personal trainers, and so much more.
This Course Includes:
- An in-depth understanding of the anatomy of the abdominals, the function of the true core and why traditional abdominal work can cause damage to the body.
- Detailed instruction in the causes and symptoms related to diastasis recti and functional core weakness.
- Comprehensive understanding of The Tummy Team functional core evaluation process including palpation skills for diastasis recti evaluation.
- Specific explanations for how and why we instruct in the Core Foundations process including Active Sitting, Activation of the Transverse, Sensory Integration, Neuro-muscular Re-education, Functional Integration and the emotional connection to the core.
- Education on abdominal splinting including the benefits, the difficulties, and the professional considerations when splinting.
You will have 8 weeks to complete the course and take the post test to receive CE credits. Access begins at time of registration. You must receive a minimum score of 90% to pass the course and receive CE credits. This online course has been 8.0 CE hours. Download Course Objectives
The Importance of Core Strength for the Prenatal and Postnatal Client
Practical Application for Labor and Delivery Professionals (Online Course)
Kelly Dean has taught this course around the country and at national midwifery conferences and now The Tummy Team has filmed this popular one-day course. This online course provides this valuable education for child birth educators, labor and delivery nurses, midwives, doulas, chiropractors, physical therapist and prenatal fitness professionals.
The Course Focuses On:
- An in-depth understanding for the conditions and complications related to core weakness in the prenatal client
- The correlation with diastasis recti and difficult deliveries
- Detailed education on proper evaluation of core weakness, postural alignment issues and diastasis recti
- Practical application of evaluation techniques and proper use of the core muscles in delivery and recovery
You will have 6 weeks to complete the course and take the post test to receive CE credits. Your class begins at the time of registration. This online course has been 5.0 CE hours. Download Course Objectives
Experts on Diastasis Recti Online Course